General Author Guidelines
- The Manuscript should be written in Indonesian or English and have never been published or is not in the process of submission for publication to other media and does not contain elements of plagiarism.
- The Manuscript may take the form of research, case studies, or literary studies.
- The author should register as an author. The guides to register and submit the paper is at the bottom.
- The Manuscript will publish in Exercise : Journal of Physical Education and Sport after being reviewed by peer reviewers.
- The Manuscript should be prepared according to the following author guidelines and Template.
Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
Structure of the manuscripts
- Title. The title should be short, bright, and informative, but does not exceed 12 words. It has to be pinpoint with the issues discussed. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by its explanations.
- Author’s names and institutions. The author's names should be accompanied by the author's institutions, institutions address, and email addresses, without any academic titles and job title.
- Abstract. Abstracts are written in Indonesian and English. Abstract is made in one paragraph which consists of the background, objective, research methods, results, conclusions and keywords (3-5 phrases).
- Introduction. The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art), the main research problems and research method. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated.
- Methods: The method explains how the research is conducted, including research design, data collection, research instrument and analytic methods. This part should be narated
- Result and Discussion. This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis or research question stated previously in the introduction part.
- Conclusions. Conclusion should answer the objectives of the research and the research discoveries. The concluding remark should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions or abstract. You should also suggest future research and point out those that are underway.
- References. The literature listed in the References contains only the sources referenced or included in the article. Please use Reference Manager Applications like EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, etc. Referral sources should provide 80% of journal articles, proceedings, or research results from the last five years. Writing techniques bibliography, using the system cites by APA 6th Edition (American Psychological Association).
General Writing Format
- The manuscript is prepared in an A4 paper, double-sided, and single line spacing format. A new paragraph should start 5 characters from the left margin, using 11-size, Arial Narrow font type.
- The manuscript is written in Indonesian or English.
- The manuscript should be between 12 to 15 pages long (5000-7000 words).
- The top and bottom margins are 1,5 and 0,8 cm.
- The title is written using capital letters only at first word or special name (example: location name), 12 font size, center position.
- Subtitles are written using UPPERCASE BOLD style, 11 font size, starting from the left margin.
- Sub of subtitles, if any, are written using capital letters only at first word or special name. They should be started from the left margin.
- Sub of the sub of subtitles, if any, are written using capital letters only at the beginning of each word except for connecting words, all in italics. They should be started from the left margin.
- References should be those of the last ten years publication (>80%), except for key references (80%). Referring to any textbook should be minimized (<20%).